Tuesday, July 5, 2011

YOUR TUESDAY MORNING DEVOTION!

BEAT DEPRESSION WITH SCRIPTURE

One thing I can say with certainty after all these years, is that the Word of God - the Bible - is sufficient! Whether people wish to believe it or not, Scripture is Sufficient and has the answer to every dilemma known to Mankind! To be sure,one has to know HOW to access these nuggets of Gold!

It is similar to what the Bible called "A Land flowing with Milk and Honey" which God and many knew to be the Promised Land. The Land of Canaan was not literally flowing with literal luscious cold 2% milke and delightfully golden thick honey!!! BUT the soil and atmosphere were so rich, you could grow the biggest grapes, raise cattle for pure milk and millions of honey bees for Honey! All of these riches are there if we want to access them. 

Therefore, when we think of something like Depression, which we will look at over the next few days, I offer up Psalm 143 (NLT) as one rich with guidelines for a person suffering depression. The key here is to first read through the entire psalm and then reread with special focus on pausing where the Scripture applies to your situation. Then pray the Father, in the Name of Jesus, for release from that particular bondage....and then watch it work!!
 Psalm 143: 3-12 (NLT)
My enemy has chased me.
He has knocked me to the ground
And forces me to live in darkness like those in the grave.

I am losing all hope; I am paralyzed with fear.
I remember the days of old.
I ponder all your great works and think about what you have done.
I lift my hands to you in prayer.
I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.

Come quickly, Lord, and answer me,
For my depression deepens.
Don’t turn away from me or I will die.
Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
For I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk for I give myself to you.
Rescue me from my enemies, Lord;
I run to you to hide me.

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on firm footing.
For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life.
Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies
And destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.

            

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: