Tuesday, December 13, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO OUR TROOPS WORLDWIDE!



To celebrate the end of the war in Iraq, I offer this video as a tribute to our men and women, who are still stuck on a base, outpost or aircraft carrier out there - in the defense of Freedom.


Two years ago, I made this video for an original song by my wife, Vicki. She is singing here and is accompanied by my nephew Brian Morgan. This was recorded in an old Baptist church in northern Illinois. 


Historians can debate the merits of this war and others, in the fight of terrorism. All we know is these long and drawn out wars, have taken a huge toll on the lives of our servicemen and women and their immediate families. Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome has risen to over 50% of returning Gulf and Afghan US Veterans.


These same veterans are suffering from alcoholism; broken marriages; depression; physical disability from combat. However their biggest issue was despair with life, due to an inability to cope away from the horrendous battlefield. 


These men and women need our prayers and support, now more than ever! They especially need it at this time of year!

Merry Christmas to all servicemen in the United States Armed Forces!



Here is the Word of God to comfort them:
Psalms 18:31-36 For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God?—the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great. You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip.

No comments: