Thursday, May 17, 2012

MY CAR IS MY PRAYER CLOSET




THIS IS SO TRUE! MY CAR IS NOT ONLY ONE OF MY PRAYER CLOSETS BUT A MOBILE WORSHIP SANCTUARY! I HAVE PULLED OFF INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS TO PRAY, CRY, SING OUT TO GOD AND MORE. LOUD PRAISE AND WORSHIP MUSIC FOLLOWS ME ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE WITH THE WINDOWS UP AS I SING TO MY GOD! I GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE THIS PIECE BY CARLA MCDOUGAL , A POPULAR AND FREQUENT WOMEN'S MINISTRY LEADER, WHO IS OUR FREQUENT GUEST HERE! PRAY FOR CARLA AND HER GROWING OUTREACH MINISTRY!!!  (Bernie)

Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you, but I will teach you the good and the right way. Only fear the Lord, 
and serve Him in truth with all you heart, for consider what great things 
He has done for you (1 Sam 12:23)


A brief encounter. For a moment in time. Never to be forgotten. A lump forms in my throat. Humbleness envelopes my heart. Let me set the scene.It was one of those Saturdays. Errands filled my agenda. Pulling out of the driveway I began praying, Lord, I don't want to miss a moment with You. This prayer continued to marinate in my heart as I blurted out, What do you have planned? I can't wait to find out! 


Within minutes I approached a busy intersection. Noticing the light turning yellow, I slowed down. All of the sudden, out from nowhere two ladies wearing bright yellow shirts bolt in front of my car. Shock electrified me from head to toe. After a quick recovery, I noticed the first woman running to the car beside me. And, the other women approaching my door. I hesitated for a split second then rolled down the window. I must admit I was not thrilled about this situation. I mean, come on I was at a red light with a number of cars lined up behind me. 


CARLA MCDOUGAL
Something quickened within me. Immediately, when my eyes met hers I knew she and I were sisters-in-Christ. In this brief encounter she shared her testimony...


"Hi! My name is Crystal Williams. Jesus saved me from the pit of drug   addiction. I represent Restoration Houston Ministry, a faith based Christian organization, that reaches out to those suffering from drug and alcohol addiction. A place addicts can be rehabilitated through the power of Jesus."


Our conversation continued, "So Crystal, are you a believer?" Radiance glistened from her face as she replied, "Yes Mam' my Jesus set me free! He's my Lord and Savior." Tears welled up in both of us. Without realizing it, I grabbed her hands and pulled her head into the car window. An outpouring of prayers gushed from my lips, "Thank You, Jesus, for saving Crystal. I praise you for rescuing her from drugs. I ask for Your protection over her and that the enemy never get a foothold again in her life. And... " By this time she was praying in her own special language. It was then I realized God answered my earlier prayer with a brief encounter at a red light. 


Don't forget, all of this took place between a red light and a green light. To my speculation about three minutes. Hmm, I can't help but wonder if God tweaked the timing of that light for a special appointment He planned. The light turned green, we hugged and I proceeded through the intersection. Oh, and of course I gave to the ministry with a full heart of love. 


Glancing into the rear-view mirror I saw a sight I will never forget. Crystal jumping into the air with her arms reaching to the sky as if to say, "Praise you Lord Jesus. Thank you for loving me enough to allow a special brief encounter with a sister-in-Christ!" Needless to say, a smile adorned my face, a warmth embraced my soul, and praises filled the car. 


Immediately, thoughts rolled in like Did anyone else notice this moment? If so, what were they thinking? Tears gently softened my cheeks. Realizing how God answered my prayer in almost seconds overwhelmed me. My car is my Prayer Closet! 


Challenge... Is your car your Prayer Closet? Are you ready to experience a sweet brief encounter that can change your for life? Pray while in your car. Use this time to spend in communion with the Lord. Pray this prayer and then watch what Jesus does today... Lord, I don't want to miss a moment with You. What do you have planned? I can't wait to find out! 


Be ready. Be willing. Be watchful! 


From My Heart to Yours,
Carla McDougal
carla@reflectivelifeministries.org
CLICK HERE FOR CARLA'S WEBSITE

No comments: