Monday, May 4, 2015

NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER - DAY 2 OF 5 DAYS OF PRAYER

FIVE DAYS OF PRAYER (SUNDAY MAY 3- THURSDAY MAY 7, 2015)
"and I said, "O my God, I am ashamed and embarrassed to lift up my face to You, my God, for our iniquities have risen above our heads and our guilt has grown even to the heavens" (Ezra 9:6)
Shame is at a premium in this swiftly fading post-modern world. This is absolutely no sense of remorse, regret or urgency to seek reconciliation with the Truth from those in power all the way up to those in the church. It is no wonder, therefore, that a church prayer service/meeting is a rarity and even more rare, is the call to repentance,

The greatest Scribe named in the Bible was Ezra. Because his full occupation was transcribing the Word of God, Ezra was a man consumed by the knowledge of the Holy and the powerful Heartbeat of God because of His given word. Because of his complete commitment to God, he knew the Scriptures more than any priest or rabbi. Ezra knew what capital crimes were committed against God and was obviously so filled with shame, horror, and shock, that the only thing we know is he got down in the proverbial sackcloth and ashes while interceding on behalf of his people.

As intercessors and prayer warriors, we are charged with feeling the hurt which God feels at the premeditated purposeful turning away from His statutes, laws and commands and constantly crying out on behalf of an unrepentant population- in and out of the church. 

Please note two things about Ezra's prayer here, as we ponder the grave situation we are in as a society and wider church: 
1. The shame of the iniquities of the people (similar to King David stealing another man's wife and then having him - Uriah the Hittite - killed) caused Ezra to look UP. This tells me Ezra was sinless in whatever the others were doing. Because of his prayed up, praised up and stayed up position in Yahweh, the Scribe could literally go before him blameless and press in. This is an example for us to do the same. The cleansing power of the Washing of the Word will uphold us in these last evil days. While we may not be immersed daily in transcribing the Word of God like Ezra, we have it easier - we get to simply read what someone else gave their lives for, so we can have an English translated Bible! So we MUST stay focused on the task at hand and never compromise one iota, to the whims, fancies and politically correct things of modern day life. God will not hold blameless those who mix His truth with the world's filthy systems. So let us have the clarity of mind, the purity of heart and the alacrity of a jaguar. These three will keep us stayed upon Jehovah, hearts fully blessed, finding as He promised, perfect peace, rest, joy and power in our prayers to Abba Father.

2.  Ezra realized that the guilt of the people had reached heaven AND he knew what that meant! As it is in 21st century America and most of the known world, the crossing of the line against God is done with so much ease and recklessness, one wonders if these academic, judicial or political geniuses have any clue what is coming on the other side of this life! They do not of course. Because the entertainment culture, the Judges and colleges of the west have crossed over from the parameters which God has set out for ALL people of ALL time, there appears to be no turning back. This transgression can be forgiven by God with personal repentance but given the current state of the western church and the refusal of church leadership to call for national repentance, the corporate body is in a tough spot.

Therefore, let us examine the spiritual and moral conditions of even the small or large towns we live in. Then let us identify the problems which can be listed due to sin and transgression and then, let us go to the Lord, with face held high as we cry out to the heavens to please hear our prayer and respond accordingly.

ACTION POINT: PRAY PSALM 51

1 Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness;
According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
And cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions,
And my sin is ever before me.
4 Against You, You only, I have sinned
And done what is evil in Your sight,
So that You are justified when You speak
And blameless when You judge.
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.

6 Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being,
And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.
7 Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness,
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.
9 Hide Your face from my sins
And blot out all my iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,

And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit.
13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners will be converted to You.
14 Deliver me from blood guiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation;
Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.
15 O Lord,open my lips,
That my mouth may declare Your praise.

No comments: