Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DAY 26/40 DAYS OF PRAYER FOR AMERICA

AMERICA ON ITS KNEES

The Christian Faith enables us to face life or meet death, not because we can see, but with the certainty that we ARE seen...not that we know all the answers, but that we are known! (the Reformed Reader).

Wow! That blows me away and should you as well! Think about that for a second as we pray together:
Father, in the Mighty Name of Jesus, what an amazing, puzzling, super-sized mystery this thing called Faith, which YOU have imputed to us, really is! When I think of all You have, should, could and would have done, from eternity past to now, in this vast unfathomable universe, yet YOU looked down on a miserable soul like ME, a pulled me out of the muck and mire to save and sanctify and set me on the course You have selected, it just floors me! I am on my figurative face just thinking how unworthy I am to be even thought of in the same sentence as the King - Jesus, when I deserve so much worse...when we, as a perverse and corrupt generation of citizens, deserve eternal punishment. Yet, when I am never stronger than when I am on my knees. I am never more effective than on my face. I am never more successful advancing the Kingdom than when I decrease and You increase! What manner of love and Grace is this??!!! You see ME??! YOU...SEE ME!!! A wretch like me? A people like us - who are in the biggest mess, man has created! Not just that, Abba Father, but YOU KNOW ME!  You confirmed that in Psalm 139 and when You told my brother and prophet Jeremiah that You knew him in the womb before he was born!  That alone has me humbled, and small before You and yet in wondrous marvel at the sheer joy...and all the words I can't think of, about being in Your Holy Presence, because YOUR Wonderful Son Jesus, saved me in July of 1988! Praise God! Thank You, Jesus, and it is in Your precious Name I pray, amen

(image by google)

No comments: