Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DAY 11 - CAN PRAYER SAVE AMERICA?


"...praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints....(Ephesians 6:18 ESV)

The Pharisees asked the Lord Jesus which was the greatest commandment of all. The Savior, Who gave Moses the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai replied in Luke 10:27 "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF"!

This is how we are to engage our Heavenly Father. If we are married, we love our spouse with every fiber of our being, with every sense (or we should). If we say we are in covenant relationship with Holy God, we are to love Him the same, times infinity! We began this week in knowing we must praise Him mightily and saw yesterday that this is not a joking matter. Today, we prep for power intercession by recognizing we must not play around in Prayer!

When in prayer, we must be fully engaged with Him - body, mind and spirit, or we're just faking it. Praying and pressing into the Throne Room, and expecting Abba Father to hear our prayer, is an all or nothing proposition. We know the devil tries to get in there and throw us off course. He hates when we love our Father in prayer. Rebuke Satan and keep praying....with everything you have today, in Jesus' Holy Name, amen.

Heavenly Father, I ask You this day to give me the perseverance and the wisdom to stay fully awake, alert and aware that I am to come to You, not just in all humility, submission and obedience, but fully engaged and ready to pray in total praise. Help me to make this covenant love and relationship which I seek and now have with You the only major priority of my life that I may pray as I obey - with all my heart, mind and soul because it is only through that, I can love my fellow man and thus, pray for Him, as Your Son, my Savior commanded. It is in His Name I pray, amen.

No comments: