Wednesday, January 4, 2012

THIRTY DAY PRAYER CHALLENGE - DAY 4



PRAY THE NAMES OF GOD


DAY 4
GOD IS OMNIPOTENT:


Yesterday's Prayer Point/NAME OF GOD WAS INFINITE

This can be taken both as His Name and one of His many attributes! The extension of being Infinite is Omnipotent - also both a Name and an attribute!



A God Whose scope of His reach cannot be measured  automatically has ALL power in His grasp, in order to execute the full breadth of His Might!


Just as He cannot be limited, you should come to both revere and FEAR Him because of that aforementioned Might!

As we pray on Day 4 of Praying the Names of God, let's key in on the passage I selected from Jeremiah 32:  ‘Ah, Lord GOD! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you. You show steadfast love to thousands, but you repay the guilt of fathers to their children after them, O great and mighty God, whose name is the LORD of hosts, great in counsel and mighty in deed, whose eyes are open to all the ways of the children of man, rewarding each one according to his ways and according to the fruit of his deeds.

(Jeremiah 32:17-19 ESV)


What we find today is a lack of love - not physical or emotional love of which there is an abundance. I am talking about Agape - the true by which they will know we are Christians (by our love, by our love!!!)


But here, my favorite OT prophet Jeremiah shows exactly why we should be walking repositories of God's love: because HE IS!

Verse 17 says He made the heavens and earth by HIS GREAT POWER and OUTSTRETCHED arm - NOTHING IS TOO HARD FOR HIM!  



YET, YET - this same God Who cause the earth to have footings scientists could never explain,  this same God says in this same passage "You (God) show steadfast love to thousands"! Jeremiah undercounted! God has been showing steadfast love to gazillions since Creation - time and time again. 


Therefore, please join me in prayer this morning as we worship this Most Powerful, yet Personal God:


Father God, in the Mighty Name of Jesus, we are IN AWE OF YOU!  
YOU, oh God, Who asked Job where he was when You created the earth and if he could describe its foundation.
YOU about Whom David asked "where I can I go and You are not there".
YOU Who blew open a dry road across a sea to free Your people.
YOU Who led in a Cloud by day and a Pillar of Fire by night.
YOU Who confused the prideful at Babel and destroyed the sinners at Sodom.
Yet YOU Who also said "come let us reason together as men, though your sins be scarlet, I will make them as white as snow"!
YOU Who can be so Infinite and Powerful, yet caring about the soul and life of a single human - WE MAGNIFY YOUR NAME!


LORD GOD - we see Your Omnipotence in everything around us....if we would just open our eyes. 
We see You in the Winds across the Plains.
We see You in the Waves across the ocean.

We see You in the Wheat, golden swaying in the breeze.
We see You in the Work of everything around us.
Yet, Heavenly Father, You reach down and touch the heart of the tiniest baby or unworthy sinner, to save him/her from the pit, for this - WE MAGNIFY YOUR NAME!


Father, all Creation worships You, I do also.
Father, all of Heaven bows down to You, I do as well.
Father, all living things speak of Your Name, I proclaim you as well.
Father, all....all...even the rocks call out Your Name - I preach it from the mountaintop!


Most Holy and Powerful God, I revere, respect and love everything about You! Even when You discipline and call me on things I need to change. I bask in the Discipline of Your Hands. I bathe in the Depth of Your Mercy. I become strong in the Desire for Righteousness.

Thank you for choosing me as a Servant, oh Most High and Magnificent Abba! Thank You, Father, Who is both my Daddy and my Judge. Thank you for judging and more in Your Righteousness...because it is because of Your infinite Power and Steadfastness, I can find true peace, joy, rest, hope and contentment, this day and forever more, in Jesus' Holy Name, amen!






TOMORROW: DAY 5 "GOD IS ADONAI"!!

No comments: