Wednesday, November 2, 2011

THINK ON THESE THINGS - WEDNESDAY

WHAT 'R' YOU GRATEFUL FOR TODAY?
Believe it or not, we are only weeks away from Thanksgiving again!! Can you believe that, my friends?! We have just come off a time of Harvest and such. Here in the Midwest, we are grateful as we watch the combines bring in the corn and soybean and other crops around us. But throughout this month, what are YOU grateful for? Writer friend Jenn Trumm Jones has some thoughts today, and wishes to share them with us:


JENN TRUMM JONES
As I was sitting here thinking about what to write about and all of the things in my life I have to be grateful for, something struck me. It is so easy to think of big things. It is easy to be thankful for big events, life changing experiences (the good ones). But how often do we stop and just thank God for the little things in our lives? The seemingly "meaningless" things that happen every single day of our lives?

So today, I am showing my gratitude for the little things in life. Some may seem silly to anyone other than me, but I am all right with that. 

Today I am grateful for:

My quiet time in the morning. Drinking coffee, reading, prayer. It is my time to recharge from the day before and prepare for the day ahead.

Coffee. Need I say more?

Vanilla Caramel coffee creamer - because it makes one great thing even better!

Area rugs. I have wood floors in the house and this time of year it gets a bit chilly walking through the house on a cool morning. 

To do lists. I used to hate them. But I am finding out they are a great tool to keep myself from going crazy trying to keep track of everything.

These are just a few things that I am grateful for today. Like I said, they may sound silly to many of you, but I am sure you all have your own little things in life that if you just stopped and thought about it - you would realize how much they mean to you. We have to stop and appreciate all of the little things that God blesses us with every single day, every passing moment. It helps us to appreciate His love for us even more when we recognize all of the little details in our lives that He cares about and tailors to our exact needs in the moment. 

There are of course, many other things and people in my life that I am grateful for, and I will get to those later. I am sure over the next 30 days I will realize just how much I have to be grateful for - things that I have yet to fully realize and recognize. But for now, I am going to focus on those little things. Those little details that He has created just for my pleasure this morning. 



(Graphic by Google Images)

No comments: