Monday, November 14, 2011

GUEST WRITER WEEK BEGINS!

Over the next week or so,  (except on Sunday), I will feature some of the most insightful guest bloggers and writers you will read anywhere. You would not find heart warming, encouraging or applicable short devotions or articles like these in your favorite local bookstore. You will read writers like Catherine Fruisen, Lynn Mosher, and Nikole Hahn - the best book reviewer in AmericaTODAY: JENN TRUMM JONES on:

Jenn Trumm Jones (right) from Anamosa,  Iowa
"GOD'S CORRECTION AND DIRECTION!"

Earlier in the month I wrote about how I am grateful for God's conviction - that little tap on the shoulder or slap in the forehead telling us that what we are doing, thinking or saying is not in line with what He says.

Today I am grateful for God's correction and His direction. What do I mean by that? Well I have found that when I am convicted due to my thoughts or actions - God doesn't leave me hanging. He doesn't call me out and then turn His back. 

He quietly whispers what He would have wanted me to do or say (correction) and somehow, someway and at some point, maybe not immediately, He gives me the tools to learn how to do better the next time (direction). 

I struggle with my thoughts. Many times I do not feel that I am good enough at anything or that I don't have what it takes to do things that are challenging to me. I am my biggest critic. God has been working on me hard in this area for quite some time. 

Periodically, He will bring something to me, whether it a scripture or a book or whatever, to give me direction on where He wants me to go - what His plan is for me. 

As I grow in my faith, I am learning to recognize His "three point approach" and letting Him guide my actions. I still stumble - A LOT - but every day I feel a little bit closer to where I need to be.  

...Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; ifthere be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things....Philippians 4:8

No comments: