Tuesday, September 6, 2011

THINK ON THESE THINGS - TUESDAY


PRAY FOR YOUR ENEMIES!
Not a day goes by without fear among the people, as unsaved politicians and those who see their power to control other human beings, lash out against the greater community out there. The traditional family, Christians and everything decent have been under attack for decades and things are just getting worse. 


Some would say the slide into Sodom and Gomorrah began when un-elected judges removed prayer in school. America's decline began way before that....namely Genesis 3, with the Fall of Man. 


More recently, one can look at the Gilded Age; the fascination with ungodly Darwinism; liberalism and then the post World War II prosperity where the "Greatest Generation" actually gave us the problems we have now. 


When you wake up in the morning and hear some mob-connected labor leader or somebody in authority call for violence against regular citizens, how should you react? Well - PRAY! God is no respecter of persons! He has dealt with Evil since time began and will continue to do so. 


Let not your heart be troubled. Here is a way to soothe your mind today. I offer you Psalm 3 (NKJV). Dig deep into it. Read it through a couple or three times. By then, the Lord will highlight several verses which apply to your personal situation. 


Focus on those two or three verse and meditate on those for a while. Then pray accordingly as you Think on These Things. I am teaching you how to pray the Scriptures....start here and do not be aggressive....Praise GOD FIRST and thank Him for SAVING YOU FIRST....then His Spirit will lead you in peace and righteousness into praying for those other things! AMEN! 


Psalm 3 
A Psalm of David when he fled from Absalom his son. 


1 LORD, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me. 2 Many are they who say of me, “There is no help for him in God.” Selah 
3 But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
4 I cried to the LORD with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah 
5 I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustained me. 
6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me all around. 
7 Arise, O LORD; Save me, O my God! For You have struck all my enemies on the cheekbone; You have broken the teeth of the ungodly. 
8 Salvation belongs to the LORD. Your blessing is upon Your people. Selah 


(from Bible Gateway; Image by Google)oogle)

No comments: