As promised yesterday, we take a brief look at what many call "BAPTISIM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT". The implication is that two baptisms take place in the Believer. This is incorrect or WRONG! Now, the Bible does mention Baptism in the Spirit many times. Here are some instances, all from the NASB:
- Matthew 3:11 "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
- Mark 1:8 "I baptized you with water; but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."
- Luke 3:16 "John answered and said to them all, 'As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
- John 1:33 "And I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, "He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the one who baptizes in the Holy Spirit."
- Acts 1:5 "for John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
- Acts 11:16 "And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, 'John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit."
We have been discussing the Gifts of the Spirit the past couple days and how we should not judge those who have those gifts. We saw the Cessationists' unbiblically do not believe they exist. But we also be just as careful when discussing the Holy Spirit of God. We have to be careful never to MISrepresent Him!
When a believer is born again and converted to Christ, Jesus sends His Holy Spirit to live inside of that person. He or she is now in-dwelled by the Spirit of God. When Jesus said in Acts 1:5 "John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now"....He meant that unless He ascends into Heaven, the Spirit of God could not come down to live in these believers/disciples/followers!
These followers were already saved but needed the Holy Spirit empowering them once Christ returned to Heaven's Throne. This has not changed. The moment WE are saved, we received 100% of the Holy Spirit. We don't need to go back for a "fresh anointing" or a second dose or whatever some well-meaning people call it.
What we need is the Presence of God invading our churches, homes, offices and assemblies.
What we need is to unchain the Holy Spirit and let Him glow in our lives.
What we need is to access the explosive power of Christ IN US the Hope of Glory.
What we need is to do is listen to His Still Sweet Voice in us NOW, and let Him reign in our lives.
We do not have to go to some altar on Sunday morning and ask God to fill us. He ALREADY DID THAT! He imparted to us - or shared with us, the VERY BEST HE HAS - His own Spirit.
When we ask for a filling or a "fresh anointing" or a "Baptism of the Spirit" - we're asking for something already given. When we do that, we are in essence, saying to God that the 100% Gift of the Spirit He gave us is not enough...."we need more".
But what God is saying is this - I NEED MORE OF YOU!!!
Spiritual maturity is this - recognizing we cannot and should not do ANYTHING in our own power but His. We need to follow these simple steps:
- Continually live a life of Prayer and Repentance.
- Submit to the instructions of the Word of God, even if we don't agree with the preachers.
- Submit to conviction, once Christ's Spirit convicts us.
- Realize just who and WHOSE we are
- Ask God to unleash His Power already inside of you....if you do all these things, and even if your church has betrayed the fullness of Christ and NOT taught on the Holy Spirit and the Spirit-filled life....YOU TOO, can live in the modern interpretation of the Baptism of the Spirit...if you do these things to the best of your ability.
The Spirit-filled life is not speaking in tongues, or prophesying or healing only....the great Spirit-filled life is better described as a life which is completely submitted to the guidance and direction of the Spirit of God and allowing Him to direct and discover every aspect of your life.
I guarantee if you unwrap the Gift of God - The Holy Spirit Who has sealed you until you die, for heaven - you will experience a Move of the Spirit, you never thought possible. If you do this, the Great Power of God will have then been fully imparted to you, and you will do, experience and perform incredible things for God, you will never imagine....if you remain holy and submitted to the God Who abides within you! Amen.
This is what Impartation really is, even if a preacher prays it over you....what the preacher or evangelist is really imparting is FOR YOU TO KNOW THE POWER ALREADY INSIDE YOU AND HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO ACTIVATE IT!!
So...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!!!