Tuesday, May 24, 2011

YOUR TUESDAY MORNING DEVOTION!

TRUST ME


by


NIKKI HAHN


Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.” Psalm 50:14-15

Today I felt so inadequate and depressed. I wondered where the help would come from in my prayer ministry and why so few volunteers must shoulder the bulk of any ministry. I sat down in front of the computer, muttering prayers again, and feeling like I wanted to quit and give up on people. Then, a ‘Lead Like Jesus’ devotion appeared in my email. I read it and wanted to cry.
God used this to speak to me. He wants me to trust in Him only and His name be glorified in the few. I am very blessed to have such great people on my prayer team who are so dedicated to Him. He chose them. He chose them to serve here in the right now and in spite of the hurdles we will serve Him and not give up because He didn’t give up on us.
I sit here now in gladness. Okay, Lord, I will trust You. I confess my lack of trust and the foothold that I gave to cynicism this week. You are there. You are in this. You are working and growing us in this time of few.
Prayer
Lord, when times come where I seem inadequate to the task and resources are lacking, help me trust You more than the resources You supply. Help me live and lead faithfully, seeking Your wisdom and way, and see You at work. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

When God called Gideon to lead Israel to face an overwhelming enemy, God removed many of the people on whom Gideon could have relied for courage and strength. God chose to make sure that Gideon would trust in God alone as He led. At times, God does the same thing for us: He places us in seemingly impossible situations with fewer resources (people, time or money) than we would like and calls us to lead with faith in Him. Where is God calling you to trust Him to extraordinary levels so that it will be obvious that God is at work?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: