Friday, April 8, 2011

YOUR FRIDAY MORNING DEVOTION!

WOW!!! or...WORDS OF WISDOM/WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE!
by 
EVINDA LEPINS

Psalms 138:8 says: The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, oh Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the works of your hands.” Oh, what a sweet, sweet reminder of His sovereignty that allows me to let go and let Him steer the ship through the storms and the calm seas of this writing/publication journey.

Each morning, to jump-start my mind, I’ve been reading in my Battlefield of the Mind devotional by Joyce Meyer. Now, honestly, since unpacking the majority of my junk, I’ve considered myself to be a fairly positive person and free from a lot of battles of the mind; that is, until I began to read this devotional. For the last three weeks or so, every morning’s devotional has exposed some “thought” weakness in me and there have been some mornings where I’ve wept with frustration over the realization of them. I’ve wondered if I’m ever going to get there, but then His Word reminds me that I am His work in progress, and I will not be complete until I am safe in His arms. (Phil 1:6)

Let me share some of my weaknesses that I am learning to trust Him for growth in. I’m not ashamed to tell you there are several, so we may end up with another mini series here; :)we’ll see how it goes.

The first realization was recognizing that many of my problems stem from my thinking patterns, and as He reminded me through Joyce, this is the devil’s oldest trick. As long as we are alive, we will have to fight the war of our minds. That helps me kind of relax, in a weird sort of way, knowing that accepting the never-ending process just needs to become a way of life. After I recognize a wrong thinking pattern, I then need to confess it to Him and allow Him to change it. In case you’re wondering how to do that exactly, just remember that Satan does not and will not ever know how to be honest!

Another weakness of mine is recognizing that any negative thoughts fuel discouragement, and depression – which are very real emotions, btw — which turns into victim thinking, so I can either focus on what is going not so well in my life or what is going well. I can focus on the good in each of my relationships or the not so good. I have to be convinced that He cares and is taking an active role in all that concerns me. Therefore, I must be in active relationship with Him and His spirit in me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: