Sunday, June 20, 2010

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO US ALL!

Many years ago, I sang this song in church, every Father's Day. It meant a lot to me as a man of God and a father. My eldest son, Bernie III, was only 3 or 4 (now almost 18) and we had a newborn son (Sam). Having grown up without a father since age 11, I was totally new at all of this.

My only recourse? Turn to my Heavenly Father. This song, back then, spoke volumes to me. While I will and have not been a perfect father, it never stopped me from trying. I hope one day, all our kids will see in me, a father who always recognized that I was nothing without the Real Father - Abba - Jehovah God. On my dying bed, I would like to know, even if not in words, that my kids wanted to be like me because I wanted to be like my own Father in Heaven.

No comments: