Sunday, March 28, 2010

THE SECRET PLACE, Part 8

His Sacrifice
The key that opens the door to that special resting place is Authenticity!
The word "Authenticity" can best be described as "UNDISPUTED CREDIBILITY"! Many verses from God tell that He does NOT hear the prayer of the wicked or unrighteous man (or one who has NO credibility with God). That includes the majority of plastic, professing "Christians" known as American Evangelicals!
One piece of advice to anyone approaching Holy God with sin, self and satan at heart - DON'T DO IT until you are right with God- the God Who sent His Son Jesus to SACRIFICE HIMSELF on the CROSS.
His SACRIFICE was real. Ours should be real. His SACRIFICE was complete, ours must be complete. His SACRIFICE was willing, ours must be too.
As we meditate on WHAT HE did for us on the Cross on "GOOD FRIDAY" meditate on these verse from Psalm 22: 7-18 NLT. This Messianic prophesy is the most graphic description of the Crucifixion and vividly, excruciatingly difficult for me personally. It is heartrending in its stark nature of what my LORD and SAVIOR, through His Own Eyes, went through for me.
PSALM 22: 7-18 (NLT):
7 Everyone who sees me mocks me.
They sneer and shake their heads, saying,
8 "Is this the one who relies on the Lord?
Then let the Lord save him!
If the Lord loves him so much,
let the Lord rescue him!"

9 Yet you brought me safely from my mother's womb
and led me to trust you at my mother's breast.
10 I was thrust into your arms at my birth.
You have been my God from the moment I was born.

11 Do not stay so far from me,
for trouble is near,
and no one else can help me.
12 My enemies surround me like a herd of bulls;
fierce bulls of Bashan have hemmed me in!
13 Like lions they open their jaws against me,
roaring and tearing into their prey.

14 My life is poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart is like wax,
melting within me.
15 My strength has dried up like sunbaked clay.
My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth.
You have laid me in the dust and left me for dead.

16 My enemies surround me like a pack of dogs;
an evil gang closes in on me.
They have pierced my hands and feet.
17 I can count all my bones.
My enemies stare at me and gloat.
18 They divide my garments among themselves
and throw dice for my clothing

2 comments:

Nikole Hahn said...

Wow!

The Bernie Lutchman Blog said...

Thanks Nik!!
God bless you and Happy Resurrection Sunday! Be blessed in Jesus' Name, amen.