Sunday, August 12, 2007

Welcome to the Lutchman Family Ministries Blog!!







My name is Bernie Lutchman and am the dad of this wonderful family which God has given me. I have been married to the only woman the Lord has given as my bride, Vicki, since June 1989.

We are the parents of three wonderful Christian children - Bernie III (15); Sam (12) and Sarah (9 in November 2007). They have all accepted the Lord as personal Savior and are all baptised into the Witness of His Holy Name, at the First Baptist Church in Petersburg, Illinois.

The Lord has given us a heart for ministry which involves all our children. Like my mother in law, Joyce Mancke and her husband Verlin and Ben Tan who formed a blossoming Nursing Home Ministry called Sonshine Outreach in Joliet, Illinois, we have a heart for nursing and retirement homes as well as small churches since 2003. The Lord has also allowed us to minister at the Springfield Professional Christian Women's Club in the past, with another divine appointment coming up this December 2007 for their Christmas program.

We love small churches, out in the country, for their authentic homespun ambience and the people who just reach out to us. My son Sam is an excellent student of the Violin and plays hymns. By the way (I will post these later) but he is also an superb artist and has just won two blue ribbons for first place in Painting and sculpting at the Illinois State Fair. My eldest son, Bernie, is a percussionist with the Sangamon Valley Youth Symphony in Springfield and has himself won two blue ribbons in 2003 for his painting and pencil drawing. My sweet little Sarah is daddy's little girl and has a heart for Jesus which shines through by the way she sings. Of course the love of my life, Vicki, is my main inspiration.

The Lord God is my true Father in Law and it was He who gave her in marriage to me. I cherish her every moment and love her unconditionally. She has the voice of an angel and the heart of Christ. She is a powerful praying woman and a powerful evangelist over the years to the people she has come into contact with. She is our special music vocalist as well as part of our duet. We gave our love, time and resources to this ministry, no matter how small etc...and the Lord has blessed us many times over.

This is just a brief introduction to our family and how we function in our love for the Lord. We are open and available to answer the call to minister almost anywhere. Thank you for allowing me to do so. Come back next time for information on a fantastic Men's and family resource called Business Men in Christ (http://www.businessmeninchrist.com/) and the columns available there for your reading and illumination!! God bless you! Shalom

Bernie

psalm 27:4

Communications Director, Business Men In Christ



2 comments:

Lori Wagner said...

Hi, Bernie ~

I'm so glad you have your blog up and running. Wonderful to see photos of your family and read what God is doing in your life!

Lori

Pastor Dan said...

Bro B!!!!!!& Family!! Your an Awesome Jesus loving, Jesus sharing family of God!! You're truly hook on Jesus! Your all a blessing to the Folks at Community Fellowship Church (CFC). We are so glad you came and blessed us with the Worship Music and songs recently, when Bro Jamal spoke about the Crucifixion of Christ. I'm also humbled that you'd put a picture of me along with you on the same blog!! I'm honored and blessed to be your Brother and prayer partner in the Lord and just to be your friend. Thanks so much for goat roping me into speaking at that BMIC meeting in 2005 Ha!. It's changed my life for the better! CFC has recently adopted you and your family into our small church family. We consider you to be an outreach part of CFC out there gleaning the fields of Souls for the Lord! You mentioned our church in your blog, you've put CFC on the WLUJ radio station and added us to your itinerary when we've needed you to come by and share! You and Vicky and Sam and Bernie Jr. and Sarah are always in our hearts and in our prayers!! God Bless you bountifully!